APPS Transport currently has an opening for a Data Entry Clerk. Reporting to the Data Centre Supervisor, this role requires an individual who can provide consistency and high accuracy when inputting data. Strong detail orientation and ability to understand customer-specific inputting requirements are central to this position.
Overall duties will include:
- Ensuring the Trip for each load is correct
- Checking freight bills and inputting from the Bills of Lading into the system
- Ensuring that all bills have been entered correctly, and then printing the offload
Specific responsibilities include:
- Utilizing the following TruckMate modules: City Dispatch Check In; Customer Service; with access to Trip Tracer.
- Finding the trip for each load; going to correct freight bill and inputting from Bill of Lading (BOL) all necessary info into TruckMate.
- Ensuring that all B Bills have been entered correctly and all BOLs have been put into separate box for scanning.
- Ensuring all POs listed on the BOL have been inputted as a Trace Type “P” and all necessary trace numbers required by customer.
- Printing the offloads.
- Inputting prioritized loads (hot freight and freight on the door is the priority).
- Once offloads come back to Data Entry, clerk must confirm dims (cube) to be inputted into each freight bill. Then must match up with the BOLs, for scanning of the offload.
- Answer all telephone calls from 4:30pm, transfer calls to appropriate departments
- Very strong organizational and planning skills, must be able to multifunction, handling time sensitive information, and communicating issues internally in a timely manner
- A strong interest and motivation to service the customer by acting as quality control and ensuring accuracy of data input
- The ability to take direction and learn quickly
- Demonstrated proactive nature and ability to take initiative
- Great people relations skills coupled with strong problem solving skills
- Proficiency in computer applications including: MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proficiency in TruckMate an asset
- Completed post-secondary education an asset
Here at APPS Transport, our mission is to provide flexible, industry-leading transportation and supply chain solutions in a manner consistent with customers’ expectations and our core values:
INTEGRITY Always delivering on our promise of performance
RESPECT Recognize and reward the efforts and sacrifices made by our team
PROFITS Understand that profits are what drive the business
CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT in all we do
We have an excellent compensation package including full benefits and an opportunity to enhance your career with the company that offers Single Source Supply Chain Solutions. Candidates are encouraged to send their resume.